Monday, November 29, 2010

Poor Neglected Blog

I told myself in the beginning that this little blog could only be a hobby.  That is why I don't sell anything and why I don't have ads.  Although I love creating and sharing things here, my blog has had to sit on the back burner for a while.  I wish I could say things were going to pick -up but they won't for two big reasons. 

Reason #1: this week is Chocolate week or if you my husband it's Hell week. 
Every year my mom, my sisters, my sister's in law and I get together to make hand dipped chocolates for an entire week.  You can read about last year HERE. We dip over 350 pounds of chocolates. 
Today was day one and we made half of the centers. We made 9 batches of carmel and 7 batches of fondant. I'm really tired. 


Reason #2: I've been spending all my crafting time making homemade gifts and I can't blog about them until after Christmas. I've learned that lesson the hard way. 

I do hope, however, that I will be able to share with you a Christmas banner tomorrow or Wednesday. 

And just because I love these eyeballs, I had to share this picture.  

I hope your Holidays are Merry and Bright. 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya. I hear ya! My little blog gets neglected when my life gets busy. This month is so full of good things that I figure, I'll blog them if I get around to it! I just feel privileged when I do get to sneak a peek into your wonderfully creative world. Like those chocolates!!!! AMAZING goodness. I bet the time together is as fabulous as how they taste! I'm super impressed with your chocolate week and I never fret a neglected blog. Good luck with your holiday season and I always look forward to when you share!

Two Dollars said...

wow

Heather said...

While I miss you posts I totally understand - especially after seeing all those chocolates. My blog is a hobby as well and I understand needing to set it aside for awhile and then come back to it. The holiday season is busy enough as it is!
I will look forward to January when you can post about all your homemade gifts.

EdgyK said...

Your Chocolates are truly impressive. I hope all your hand made gifts are going well.

Erin said...

My grandmother made hand dipped chocolates. They were AMAZING. I have always wished she had lived long enough to teach me.

Enjoy your time creating, we'll all be around when you have time to share it with us!

Momma B said...

Kalleen, if it makes you feel any better, they look fantastic! I never thought about dipping my own...FABulous! I hope you take a few minutes to rest your mind and body soon! If nothing else, give your "dipping hand" a break!

Tami said...

I wish I were there... I had to laugh at the comment "I bet the time together is as fabulous as how they taste" Have fun with mom.

Anonymous said...

Wow...and i thought i was busy. Your busy seems definitely busier then mine. Well i hope you enjoy the time spent with family and hope you have the most wonderful holiday season.

Hammerschmidt said...

I love those eyeballs too! She's so cute!

Unknown said...

oh my dear gracious. this is what would happen if I did your chocolate week every year- I would 'help' and then sample and then sample and then sample, and then maybe help a little and then sample some more. I'd gain 5 lbs a day!
they look absolutely fantastic though.
and I love your believe banner. :)

Sandy @ The Mommy's Place said...

I am a new follower and enjoy reading your posts. I totally understand how blogs can get put on the back burner. I do that often when life gets busy. I too spend lots of time crafting and spending time with family to blog often during the holidays. Looking forward to seeing all your great posts come January 2011.

Hugs,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails