Friday, November 5, 2010

Thanksgiving mantel and other decor

I've tried to give Thanksgiving the credit it deserves.  I'm sure that if I didn't have a few things for Thanksgiving that I loved, I'd probably skip it and decorate for Christmas early. I won't lie it's a huge temptation. I love our home at Christmas. 

Our Thanksgiving decor started several years ago with these blocks, I truly love them, and look forward to pulling them out. 

I tied a few ears of indian corn to the hurricanes that line my windows. 


The candles were already wrapped in fallish paper thanks to my friend Cha Cha. I think I paid 50 cents for the ears of corn and all my leaves are from the dollar store. 

The piano top decor hasn't changed much from last year



Do you like my cornucopia? It was one of my first tutorials.  You can find it HERE. I would still like to get some gourds for it next time I'm a the store. 

The following items are also very important to me. 
 These pots and leaves were made by my kids at school.  I love and cherish them.  I'm praying that my other kids get the same teacher so we can add to our collection. 

And finally, I was happy to pull out the leaf table runner again.  It didn't work with our Halloween decor. You can find the tutorial for this one HERE

I have so many fun things to try for Thanksgiving.  I hope can find some time to do a few. My month is looking crazier than ever. You may see lots of posts on what I want to do, instead of what I've actually done. 

Here is a list of parties I link to.  

18 comments:

Erin said...

So pretty! I want to come hang out at your house! I especially like the little corn cobs attached to the hurricanes in the window! And the blocks on the mantle. And the leaf table runner. Okay, I especially love all of it! :)

Tiggeriffic said...

I love Thanksgiving and think you must to ~ as the view of all the Thanksgiving decorations.. How festive it all looks.. Good Job~!
I think we need to decorate for Thanksgiving to make us thankful for so many things. and then onto Christmas...WE have to be thankful before we can receive...
Have a great day~! ta ta for now from Iowa..

Sandra said...

Cute displays...I like yoru Give Thanks Banner and cornicopia...I really like to decorate for Thanksgiving...almost becoming the forgotten holiday. Come say hi.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! love that you have decorated so beautifully for such a special holiday. Love it all. The mantel is darling. Love the leaf table runner too. Jen

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Everything looks so beautiful

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

love all of it-especially those super cute blocks! and of course the leaf runner-that one I REALLY love!

Lorie said...

I love it! LOVE IT! I will be linking up to it tomorrow!

Charity said...

There you go again blowing my mind...... I can't tell you how many paper covered candles I have made and never once have I thought to hang something around the hurricane. That's why I love coming here you push me to try harder and think outside of my "box". I love your handmade dishes and they would be my favorite also. Thanks for inspiring me.

Cha Cha

Chris said...

I just love everything. As I sit here and stare at my "blank" fireplace mantle, I'm finding the need to get going on it! Beautiful pictures!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

How beautiful! I loved your Thanksgiving decor so much that I featured it in a post on my blog--www.homeandholidaykeepsakes.blogspot.com! You can come grab my feature button! :)
I'm also your newest follower--hope you'll come and follow back!
Thanks,
Jessica

Chrystie said...

Oooh la la!!! So pretty!! I dream of the day we have a fireplace again!! I love how you decorated yours! I love that you used your kids handmade things in your decor! LOVE the leaves they made! Adorable!! No wonder you want your other kids in the same class! What a creative teacher! :)

Becca Ross said...

Beautifully done! I'd love it if you'd come link this at my linky party. Every Friday I host Home and Family Friday.

Becca
becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Candace said...

You did a gorgeous job! I love the homemade details... children's art is so precious!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Awesome mantel decorations!

Katie said...

I love that leaf runner, but my favorite decorations are the bowls and leaves. I love that your kids made them, those are so special!

Amy Castillo said...

I could not get your link to the homemade table leaf runner to work...can you send me the direct link? thanks!

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Thanks Amy. I've fixed the link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails