Monday, April 1, 2013

a Matchy Match Easter

I got away with another year of matching dresses for Easter.

I wasn't planning on it, but fell in love with this rainbow seersucker. The next thing I knew I was buying five yards of it.

Lydia's dress was a nightmare. I have a hard time drafting my own sleeve patterns so I decided to use a vintage pattern. The pattern had the cutest pictures on the front, but didn't sew up anything like the pictures. I think it will be the last time I use a vintage pattern. I had to unpick, recut and resew it several times to get the fit I wanted.

Kate's dress started out as Clairs, but became Kate's when I realized the bodice fit her better than Clair. This may be one of the only benefits of sewing for more than one girl.

Clair's dress was my favorite and by far the easiest to make. She loved the way it twirled.



They loved being different but still matching.

I wanted so badly to make ties for the boys but simply didn't have time. I barely got the dresses done, sewing a zipper in late the night before.

I'm sure we look super cheesy to many, but I can't help myself. I blame my mom.

I'm linking to Girl Inspired and Here

9 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful family and beautiful dresses! Now I want some rainbow seersucker. And thanks for the vintage pattern tip. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE matching but different. I do I with my 2 girls all the time.

august said...

It's not cheesy at all. I loved it.

Charity said...

Those are SO cute! And I love the matching too, I don't think it's cheesy at all. =)

Unknown said...

I LOVE matching kiddos and I sneak it in whenever I can! These dresses are adorable!

Jessica Cobb said...

Just gorgeous! I love the fabric and how vintage-yet-modern it looks, amazing!

www.domesticblisssquared.com

Chelsea B. said...

I love the stripes! Thank you so much for sharing.

I'd love for you to check out our pattern party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up.
http://getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com/search/label/Pattern%20Party

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Oh my goodness, look how ADORABLE they are! My girls would love rainbow seersucker. Great choice!

nicole aka gidget said...

Adorable! I love the one with the turquoise bodice. What sweet fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails