Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jewelry Makeover

I bought some pearl necklaces for my mom, my sisters and myself last week. The plan was to embellish them and give them for gifts on Mother's Day. Of course that didn't happen because I ran out of time. Instead I finished them today. Within an hour, I made flowers for the four necklaces and a ring. I love the way they look.
I added a couple more flowers to mine, I like things grouped in threes.
I bought the pearls at Forever 21, so they aren't real, but I thought they were still good quality for the $3.80 price tag.
To make the flowers I twisted the fabric and rolled it, like I was making a snail with play-do. I used a hot glue gun to hold it in place. Then I glued a safety pin to the back. Once it was dry I pinned the flowers to the pearls.
If the flowers go out of style, I can take them off.
I also mad a ring. You can follow Vanessa's tutorial for her flower ring HERE.

15 comments:

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

wow, what a neat idea! and for $3.80 for the pearl necklace, that's pretty incredible. i definitely like the one you're wearing with three flowers. so pretty :)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

What a great inexpensive gift! And I love the fact that you can take the flowers off. You could definitely make some more rosettes in other colors to interchange.

the thrifty ba said...

way adorable! i wish i was in your family!!

Brooke said...

I love these! I'm so loving fabric flowers. :) What a fun gift! Found you on Tip Junkie. Have a great day!
Brooke @ craftingchicks.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

Your necklaces look great! I like that you can add and remove flowers as your please. Thanks for sharing!

Pauline Wiles said...

Lovely modern twist for pearls! I like these a lot.

Mandy Beyeler said...

thanks for linking on Take-A-Look Tuesday! Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Stephanie@cre8tive said...

I just learned how to make those flowers! They are so fun. I hope that you gave a necklace to your mom even though Mother's day has passed. I am sure she will love it even if it is late, they are beautiful.

Brianna! said...

OH MY!
I am TOTALLY making these cute little flowers
CANT WAIT!

xoxo
bB

Tami said...

glad i'm a sister. do i still get one eventhough i live on the other side of the country?

More Than "Just Mom" said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind - I linked to you on my blog because I made a necklace after seeing yours.

http://amijustmom.blogspot.com/2010/05/dresses-dresses-dresses-and-headband.html

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Very sweet! Those make a great gift!

Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden!

Julianna said...

These are great! I'd love for you to link up for Flower Week @ Singing Three Little Birds. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-linky-party.html

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

What a great idea! Thanks so much for linking up!! I love this!!!

Smart Spanish Blogs said...

Good post and Smart Blog
Thanks for your good information and i hope to subscribe and visit my blog Articles2day.Org and more Planning Promotions thanks again admin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails