Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Safety Tattoo's- Silhouette Promotion

Silhouette sent me some of their Temporary Tattoo Paper to test. I was so excited to use it, and make little safety tags for my kids to wear while we are out and about this summer. I've lost my oldest son twice at Disneyland and my little brother once got lost for a few hours on a beach in Hawaii. There is nothing scarier than losing a child, especially at a crowded place. My kids know our home address and phone number, but that information is not very useful when you aren't at home or on vacation. 


I'm hoping we never have to rely on these tags but I'm glad to have them. 

We spent the day at an amusement park yesterday, where we were able to try our tattoo's out. 

For the older kids we placed the tattoo at the bottom of a sleeve with just the stars showing. 

And for my younger kids, we placed them on their backs with just the top showing. 

That way the tags could be seen but we weren't advertising our phone #'s. 

Turns out I'm not the only one who had this idea. You can see other examples HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE

If you are interested in getting your own Silhouette and some tattoo paper, check out this promotion:

1 Silhouette SD
for $199 (U.S. only) (120 dollars in savings!)

Also, 25% off all other products in the Silhouette shop (excluding gift cards and download codes)!  

*** you must enter the code "SECOND" at checkout.***

The promotion will run June 21-2

7 comments:

Erin said...

such a smart idea Kalleen! I have lost my children before and it is always so terrifying! It's been three years since anyone has gotten lost... I'm probably due.

Marcia said...

Kalleen, I'm confused by the prices listed here compared to the prices on the shop ($9.99 per pkg)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea..
Janet

Momma Button said...

Fantastic idea! Looks like you enjoyed your day at Lagoon, maybe??

Preparing For Takeoff said...

I always carry a sharpie marker with me and just write a cell phone number and maybe a hotel on my kids. Not as fancy as tattoos, but you always have it with you and it is cheaper than the tattoos. You can see other summer safety tips at my new post Summer Safety while Traveling with Kids at PreparingForTakeoff.oom.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I love this idea! That could be the best craft you've ever made if it gets used! I have major paranoia on vacations, so I think this might ease the pain a little. Yet another reason to want a silhouette. I might have to break down soon!

Sarah Jackman said...

That's super cool! I think I need a Silhouette.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails