Thursday, May 3, 2012

custom invitations

We're getting ready for my daughters 8th birthday in a couple weeks and thought I'd share the custom invitation I made for her. I was inspired by THIS invitation and loved how ours turned out. 
As cute as the inspiration was I decided to go the DIY route not only to save money but now I can do matching menus, place cards, etc. 
I made the invitations in Silhouette Studio. Yes, it is the software I use with my Silhouette machine, but anyone can download it for free HERE.  I love this program. It's so easy to use, I basically taught myself by pushing all the buttons until I understood what I was doing. All the fonts on you computer will automatically be transferred to the program and any additional images you want can be downloaded for 99¢ a piece. I downloaded the background, flowers, and tea cups for this project, spending a total of $4. 
Another great tip if you want to print at home, is to print in the photo paper setting. It will give you a crisper and brighter image. 

I've had so much fun searching with my daughter for the perfect tea cups and accessories. Hopefully it will all come out as planned. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great! I spent hours trying to make my daughters recent invitations in the silhouette program. I tallied up my time and the cheap DIY's with free silhouette downloads ended up costing me around $115 each to make! But I learned a lot in the process. Like checking the print all lines box. That one threw me for a loop!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! One of my favorite memories as a little girl is the tea party my mother threw for my sister and I. I hope it turned out well!

blue roses said...

too precious!

i cannot wait until my niece is old enough to have tea parties with me. hope it goes well! (i was a rambunctious eight year old, well, starting to mellow out, so breakable tea cups was not an option....)

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Simple Simon and Company said...

Darling!

Karry said...

Thanks for all the supper cute ideas on your fascinator. My daughter..soon to be 8 as well was overlooking and loved them. We have looked all over for something like the butterflies you used with no luck. Was it a chain store that you bought them at by chance?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails