Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shower Curtain Solution

When we moved into our home a year ago I wanted a long full shower curtain. There is a lot of wood in our bathroom, even the window has wood shutters. I needed something to soften the room. I had to make my own curtains to get the look I wanted.
I basically made a pinch pleated curtain. I made 12 pleats (the standard amount of curtain rings in a pack) It wasn't until I made the curtain that I realized I didn't know how to hang it. I usually hang this type of curtain with clips, but they wouldn't work with my rod. The next option was to put button holes next to the pleats. I decided that would be to weird.
Then I came across these babies. They're plastic rings used for roman shades.
I sewed them into place behind each of the pleats.

I'm participating in:

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Sarah said...

Hi, I just came over after seeing your cornucopia at Today's Creative Blog. I gotta be honest, I LOVE all your super crafty ideas!!! God's blessings, Sarah :D

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a clever solution! That worked out great!

Dayna said...

Hey! Wonderful ideas. I found your blog through Today's Creative Blog and love all your ideas. I always WANT to be creative, but never have time, so I'm wondering how the heck do you have time!

Can't wait to see more and be inspired!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Such a lovely shower curtain! The pinch pleats are a really special touch.


Related Posts with Thumbnails