Thursday, July 29, 2010

cake rehersal

One of my sisters friends asked me to make her wedding cake. I was so flattered that she would think I could do it, that I said yes. I've only made birthday cakes, so I thought I should do some practice before the real thing.

Here is two looks I've come up with. They aren't perfect and may look weird. I got tired of baking cake and wanted to try a few different things.

I like this one. It was super easy. All I had to do was cover with fondant and wrap with a lace ribbon.

For the second look, I thought I would try to replicate this cake from Real Simple Weddings.
As you can see I need a smaller tip and a lot of practice. The bride liked it though and I will try and do it for real in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, awesome job!! I wish I was able to do wedding cakes. They really are pieces of art!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Awesome job! I love it!!!

TLF said...

I love the second one!! But I'm not a fan of that middle color. It looks like skin. LOL

Sarah Jackman said...

You're so talented Kalleen!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Wow Kalleen I'm super impressed!! You did a great job on your trial ones. Can't wait to see the final one :)

Laura said...

I am generally a lurker, but had to come out to give you props. Not only is that cake beautiful, good for you for stepping out of your zone to help this bride out, too!

Sue said...

Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous! It looks original and I love it! This cake will probably generate lots of requests for your wedding cakes!

Erin said...

If those are your practice cakes than I expect to be seriously blown away by the real thing!
I made wedding cakes for my two younger sisters. I was really happy with how they turned out but I do remember how stressed I was. It is a lot of pressure to make someones wedding cake.

Kim said...

They are both wonderful!!!

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around this morning. I love that beautiful cake. I was never very talented at any type of cake decorating. I even had trouble speading just regular icing, don't really know quite why. But anyway, a beautiful job, and thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com

s. said...

OH!!! those are BEAUTIFUL!! i have been pondering taking a cake decorating class...it seems so fun!

Red Head said...

As usual, I'm simply amazed. You have such talent!

www.thatredheadedstepchild.com

Cheryl said...

Loving it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails