Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pear Pie

I know I don't usually share recipes here, but almost every time I make this Pear Pie I get asked for the recipe. It's always a hit and it's super easy to make.  I love that people think it's super complicated and a secret family recipe.  I actually got the recipe from my sister in law and I think she found it online.  

If your looking for a something besides pumpkin pie to serve at Thanksgiving look no further. 

Ingredients:
-9" unbaked pie crust- (I usually use Betty Crocker's recipe w/ half butter, half shortening) 
-3 eggs
-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon almond extract
-1/4 cup melted butter
-3 pears-peeled, cored and sliced

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In large bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar, almond extract and butter, Pour into unbaked pie crust. Arrange sliced pears in spokes radiating from center.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until custard is firm.
Cool completely before serving.

This was what it looks like before putting it into the oven.

I like to bake it in a spring form pan.  This makes it especially easy to do the crust.  I don't worry about making fancy edges.  I like the rugged edges I get when I remove the sides of the pan. 

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Sue said...

It sure looks delicious!

No Big Dill said...

Don't you love those dishes that are SUPER easy to make but always get compliments and requests for the recipe? I'm almost embarrassed to share mine! ;)

hanga said...

Mine is super easy as well and look like this :
http://hangaagi.blog.hu/2010/09/29/csodafinom_korte

:)

hanga said...

Mine is super easy as well and look like this :
http://hangaagi.blog.hu/2010/09/29/csodafinom_korte

:)

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around this evening and found your blog. I love reading all the blogs, they are all so different and unique. Thank you for letting me visit.
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

Delia said...

Oh my...I think I will try this. My mouth is watering!

Heidi said...

This looks lovely! Do you know how far in advance you can make this pie? Does it have to be made the day of or can I make it the day before?

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Heidi, I've never had the pie past the next day. It just doesn't last that long. It might be able to go longer if you refrigerate it. I actually like it best the next day.

The Dutch Girl said...

I made it for Thanksgiving. It was delicious! (Even though I cheated and used store bought pie dough... I had already made a Dutch apple pie from scratch and didn't have the time.) Two of my co-workers made it as well. It's the hit of our department!

Thank you for posting it.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Kalleen, I just made this tonight and it was TOTALLY a hit. I'm not gifted in the kitchen, but I sure felt like I was when the compliments from our guests started rolling in. Thanks! I'll be making this again soon. I'll probably have to make a couple of them so I'll get more then the sliver that was left for me. I hope your week of chocolate making was fun and yummy. Thanks again!
Cheri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails