Thursday, December 30, 2010

handmade gifts -part 7

Here is the last of the gifts I made this year, I'll share what we got next week. 

For my art loving niece,

a custom art bag filled with supplies and...
a personalized clip board to match. 

Ever since I took this picture of my son at Halloween, he has been begging me to make him a boy apron. 

This is much more manly. Who knew a boy could get so excited over an apron. 

I don't make our Christmas PJ's. I don't need another project. I fell in love with the vintage print on these PJ's and wanted everyone to match again, but couldn't find something for the baby.  

So I bought the largest nightgown in the same fabric I could find and...

made her some to match. 

I then used the tiny scraps left over to piece together a pair for Samantha too. She already had the nightcap. 

Would you be interested in doing a linky party of handmade gifts? Something we could all look at when we need ideas for next year? If there is enough interest, I'll do one.

12 comments:

Charity said...

I finally have some time at the computer. I love all your handmade gifts, of course. I think the link party would be fun, although I took NO picture of them as I was making them, because I didn't think about posting after Christmas and knew I could not before. Love the purses you made, I made something close but bigger and baggier to hold my daughters yarn.


Happy New Year,
Cha Cha

jacque4u2c said...

Just lovely! The Art bag supplies are just fantastic!

Tiggeriffic said...

Every boy needs an apron.. I love the pj's..
You are very clever..
ta ta for now from Iowa

Unknown said...

I would so love a gift linky party :) I enjoy finding crafts to do for the little men, sometimes I feel like I am leaving him out.

amy

chris said...

I love seeing what you've been up to, and would enjoy seeing what your readers are up to as well! Link up is my vote.

Momma Button said...

I would love a linky party! I prefer handmade gifts and need some new ideas.

April Showers said...

I would LOVE to have a handmade craft gift exchange!!! I've been wanting to do one FOREVER! And I seem to miss the cut off for other exchanges, and I'm so bummed!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Lonzopiccolo said...

I am far from crafty... but, I'd be willing to try! Let me know! ~T

mamatoelijah said...

I would to the link party...

Deidre said...

I did this last year and the kids loved them... I love your fabric choice! awesome!

Courtney Soleil said...

I would definitely be interested in something like a link pool for home made gifts! great!

~Beth D. said...

I love the boy apron!! wish my son would be excited for that. nicely done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails