Tuesday, January 18, 2011

more Valentines mail pouches

I can not tell you how much my kids are loving their mail pouches. It's been so fun to see them write love notes to each other.  I'm enjoying leaving things for them too. I was gone overnight this past weekend and it worked out so well to leave a note and something special for them to find when they missed me. I've bought some cute things from the dollar store and dollar bins to deliver this month. This is a tradition I know we'll continue year after year. 

I wanted to highlight some other options for the mail pouch if you were interested but not sure my tutorial would work for you. 

You can purchase a pattern to make this cute version at "fourteen may" HERE.


Here is a different one created by Ten Cow Chick. She used a tutorial from Our Scoop. I like the cut out hearts. 

Ladybird Ln made hers with clear vinyl. 

This one was made using my tutorial by Lindsay of Diary of a Crafty Lady

And these two were made by Deanna of Shady Tree Diary. I liked the shape of her hearts and the fabric she used.


Also I wanted to give a big shout out to Knock Off Decor for featuring my Mail Pouches Today. If you haven't been to Knock off Decor yet you really should. Beckie has complied a great list of knock off projects. You'll be inspired to recreate your favorite projects form anthropology, pottery barn and other top stores.




4 comments:

Ladybird Ln said...

Thanks for sharing my Chairbacker! We have loved ours too, a great new tradition at our house!

Andrea said...

I love these! wish I had the patience to sew like that!

Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady said...

Thanks for listing mine among the others! Ours is so fun to use too:) I just love the idea!
Thanks again!
Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady

Elizabeth said...

Oh, oh! Please come see the mail pouch I "made" for my kids. I'm so excited! (Wow, I sound like I'm either very desperate or very snowed in with cabin fever. Go with the latter!)

http://sixgoldencoins.blogspot.com/2011/02/our-valentine-mail-pouches.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails