First off, I have to apologize for the bad photo's I made this for a meeting last week, it was a dreary day and I was in a hurry. The pictures in no way accurately represent the creamy, smooth, yumminess of this mousse.
It's simple to make yet fancy. It's sure to impress someone you love.
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Place chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until mostly melted, then remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whip cream to medium stiff peaks, add sugar and vanilla, but do not allow to become grainy. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with salt until medium stiff peaks form. Fold in egg yolks.
4. Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated, then fold in whipped cream until evenly blended. Spoon into dessert cups, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
If you're worried you'll need fancy, expensive chocolate, I used this bar from Walmart and it worked well.