As usual I insisted my girls have matching dresses for the Holidays. I know it's a sickness. The fact that I couldn't find three that matched, in all the right sizes, didn't stop me either. I had NO choice but to make Clair's.
Kate on the left is showing the original dress purchased for her and big sister Lydia. Clair on the right is wearing her copy-cat dress made by me. Although I couldn't find the exact same materials, I think it's a pretty good match.
She loves it and declares herself a princess every time she wears it.
I was quite proud of myself, making my own pattern and once again using an invisible zipper.
Okay, I took my first leap and went with non-traditional colors for a Christmas dress. Maybe next year I can take another leap and get them dresses that don't match.
On another side note, I found it interesting that I really didn't save much money making the dress myself. Luckily I got all my fabric at 50% off plus and extra 20%. In the end I spent $16 on supplies and the original dress cost $25. I would have gladly paid ten dollars and saved myself the time.