Thursday, October 10, 2013

Jefferson turns 1!

My baby turned ONE last week. I really can't believe it. How did this happen so fast?

With the crazy schedules we are on and just trying to get through each day, his birthday totally snuck up on me. I wasn't able to throw a big party, but we did have a fun evening with our family to celebrate. 

1st Birthday stats. I wish these were popular when my other kids turned 1. I reused my chalkboard from THIS post.


1st year picture garland. 

Minutes before the party started, I handed my sister a stack of photos, paper, and some ribbon. I asked her to come up with something, anything, before people arrived. I love what she did. She found some upholstery tacks and tacked the pictures to the ribbon after matting them with the paper. 

I made a simple cake that matched the fabric for his "birthday outfit."

My favorite part of the 1st birthday is the Cake Smash. Since Jefferson is my last, I wanted to get super cheesy with it and made him a cake smash outfit. My husband was a good sport, despite a few comments about how it looked more like a baby Chip and Dales outfit. Ha, he may have been right!

We were all hoping for a repeat of my daughter Kate, who ate her whole cake and made quite a mess.  

Unfortunately, he got distracted by those darn polka dots and wasn't interested in the cake.  

Eventually, he got tired of all the pressure and told us what he thought of the cake smash.  

I'm just glad he's healthy, happy, mine and my last. 

Happy Birthday Jefferson!

4 comments:

Susan Payton said...

What a cutie pie. Just blogging around and saw your blog. So glad to see you here, so many deserted blogs these days. Thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yay! I was excited to see another post from you.

He is adorable! When you're that cute you can get away with a chip and dale's outfit!!

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday, Jefferson! I have missed your posts. :) You are so talented.

Melanie Chambers said...

He is adorable!! Just like all the others!! Can't wait to be utah friends again...this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails